News & Events
ASBESTOS AWARENESS WEEK 23 – 29 NOVEMBER It is easy to forget that asbestos is still present in millions of Australian homes, but it’s a fact that if a house was built or renovated before 1990, there’s a good chance it has some asbestos. National Asbestos Awareness...
In exciting news, PEER is honoured to have been selected as a national finalist in the 2020 Australian Training Awards – Small Training Provider of the Year category. The Small Training Provider of the Year Award recognises a registered training organisation that...
South Australia’s best apprentices in the electrical and communications industry were awarded for their outstanding achievements at this year’s NECA SA/NT Apprentice Awards held at the Adelaide Convention Centre on Friday 9th October. PEER was fortunate to have 8...
PEER WELCOMES FEDERAL GOVERNMENT’S ANNOUNCEMENT OF WAGE SUBSIDIES TO HELP 100,000 NEW APPRENTICES AND TRAINEES The Federal Government has announced it will spend an additional $1.2 billion to encourage businesses to hire 100,000 new apprentices and trainees. Under the...
VET IN SCHOOLS AND PRE-APPRENTICESHIP PROGRAM LEADS TO SUCCESSFUL START IN PLUMBING INDUSTRY PEER’s VET in School programs are a great way to start a trade career whilst completing SACE. For students seeking to take the VET pathway, PEER offer the following programs:...
Electric Shock Incident Access, Egress and Emergency Procedures Background An electrician was taken to the Royal Adelaide Hospital in a critical condition after receiving an electric shock whilst in the ceiling space of a King William Rd business at around 3:00pm on...
Mitigating the Risk of Falls Over the past several months in South Australia, there have been 3 falls from fragile roofing, one of those being a fatality. SafeWork SA has now issued a Safety Alert in relation to working on this type of roofing, to ensure people...
Coronavirus Safety Alert Over the last week, it has been announced that South Australia has acquired new cases of Covid-19, especially among those under the age of 30. This serves as a reminder that we must not be complacent, and we must all do what we can to stop...
- The Saturday Telegraph– Careers Feature – Trade Up
- SA Weekend – Education Matters Feature – Kick start your trade career at school
- The Advertiser – Flexing Study Muscle
- SA Weekend – National Skills Week Feature – Helping people make the right choices
- The Advertiser – Discover how to share expertise
- The Advertiser – PEER Beyond Expectations
- The Advertiser – Right approach counts
- The Advertiser – Trades of your choice
- The Advertiser – Future proofing industry
- The Advertiser – State’s best are on top
- The Advertiser – Wired for work in a family trade
- Naval Shipbuilding College Inspires Apprentices
- The Advertiser – Jarrod sparks success
- AGL – This is what an electrician looks like
- St Patrick’s Technical College – Blue Print, September 2018
- Liberal South Australia – Apprentice electrician takes out top training award
- Build Australia – Apprentice electrician takes out South Australia’s top training award
- The Advertiser, National Skills Week Feature – Options open for tradeswomen
- Catholic Education South Australia – VET Student of the Year
- St. Columba College – VET Student of the Year
- The Advertiser, Adelaide Careers & Employment Expo Feature – Peering inside a great trade
- The Advertiser, International Women’s Day Feature – Women find a place in trades
- Northern Messenger – Turning today’s tradies into tomorrow’s future
- The Advertiser, Skills Feature – At top of their fields
- The Advertiser, Business Daily – Tradies hit field for ‘sports academy’ training