News & Events
Leading Vocational Education and Training executive joins PEER Growing demand for its training and apprenticeship programs, and expansion into mining and defence, has led PEER to appoint Brian Rungie to the new position of General Manager- Training. Mr Rungie has an...
Thomas Downie, a former Craigmore High School student was recently awarded the NASSSA VET Student of the Year Award. The NASSSA North program involves 12 schools, 70 VET programs and approximately 900 students. Each year, high achieving students are recognized at the...
On Friday 26 February, PEER held its annual Graduation and Awards Night at the Adelaide Convention Centre. A great night was enjoyed by all guests as we acknowledged and celebrated the achievements and efforts of our graduating apprentices and trainees as well as...
PEER has welcomed new Chairperson Paul Caica to the organisation who brings fresh insight and expertise to the group. Long-serving State MP Paul Caica has been appointed Chair of the Board at PEER, South Australia’s leading training and assessment organisation for...
Even the briefest contact with electricity (50v+) can have serious consequences to a person’s health and safety. High voltage shocks can cause more serious injuries including contact burns and damage to internal organs. Electric shocks may also lead to other injuries,...
HEAT-RELATED ILLNESS SOLAR UV RADIATION Working in heat is a hazard that can result in severe health problems for many workers – whether they work indoors or outdoors. If the body has to work too hard to keep cool, it starts to overheat and a worker begins to suffer...
ASBESTOS AWARENESS WEEK 23 – 29 NOVEMBER It is easy to forget that asbestos is still present in millions of Australian homes, but it’s a fact that if a house was built or renovated before 1990, there’s a good chance it has some asbestos. National Asbestos Awareness...
In exciting news, PEER is honoured to have been selected as a national finalist in the 2020 Australian Training Awards – Small Training Provider of the Year category. The Small Training Provider of the Year Award recognises a registered training organisation that...
- The Saturday Telegraph– Careers Feature – Trade Up
- SA Weekend – Education Matters Feature – Kick start your trade career at school
- The Advertiser – Flexing Study Muscle
- SA Weekend – National Skills Week Feature – Helping people make the right choices
- The Advertiser – Discover how to share expertise
- The Advertiser – PEER Beyond Expectations
- The Advertiser – Right approach counts
- The Advertiser – Trades of your choice
- The Advertiser – Future proofing industry
- The Advertiser – State’s best are on top
- The Advertiser – Wired for work in a family trade
- Naval Shipbuilding College Inspires Apprentices
- The Advertiser – Jarrod sparks success
- AGL – This is what an electrician looks like
- St Patrick’s Technical College – Blue Print, September 2018
- Liberal South Australia – Apprentice electrician takes out top training award
- The Advertiser, Business Daily – Tradies hit field for ‘sports academy’ training
- Build Australia – Apprentice electrician takes out South Australia’s top training award
- The Advertiser, National Skills Week Feature – Options open for tradeswomen
- Catholic Education South Australia – VET Student of the Year
- St. Columba College – VET Student of the Year
- The Advertiser, Adelaide Careers & Employment Expo Feature – Peering inside a great trade
- The Advertiser, International Women’s Day Feature – Women find a place in trades
- Northern Messenger – Turning today’s tradies into tomorrow’s future
- The Advertiser, Skills Feature – At top of their fields
- SA Weekend - National Skills Week Feature- It's about the right choice