Host A PEER Apprentice
WHY PARTNER WITH US?
Our apprentices are dedicated to building a fulfilling career in their industry; we support our people to be:
- Committed to getting the job done
- Positive in their attitude and approach
- Willing to learn & further their career
- Future leaders
Your business pays PEER’s rate for apprentice’s time spent on the job. We take care of:
- No need to schedule trade school
- Day release or block release arrangements
- We also offer industry training tailored for the needs of your business and staff
With no lock in contracts, we provide your business with short and long-term apprentices, which:
- Suit the needs of project work
- Makes it easy for you to extend your workforce
- Let’s you rotate apprentices as you need
- Takes the hassle out of managing staffing
By taking care of recruitment, payroll, superannuation, annual leave, sick leave and WorkCover for our apprentices, we help you:
- Save on administration expenses
- Save time in managing employees
- Be hassle and stress free
Our apprentices are ready to work for you, equipped with relevant trade licences, tools, uniform and PPE. From day one they are:
- Ready to get on with the job
- Equipped with their own hand tools
- Dressed appropriately and professionally
Our Talent Coaches mentor, support and shape our apprentices to be the best, ensuring they:
- Maintain high standards of work
- Complete work on time
- Are dependable
Not only do we employ apprentices but we provide accredited trades training, transforming students into qualified tradespeople, and providing flexibility with:
- Trade school fees
- Wages for trade school attendance
- Leave entitlements
Commitment to Safety
We maintain a strong safety-first culture by providing WHS support to our partners and employees in the form of:
- Safety management systems
- Training & support
- WHS Committees
What Is Group Training?
Is Group Training An Affordable Option?
Yes. If you calculate all the hidden costs of employing an apprentice or trainee (including your time and effort) and the experience and expertise PEER staff bring to the recruitment and ongoing management process, then you’ll find group training delivers value for money.
- You save in recruitment costs, as we provide the placement free of charge
- PEER selects the right fit for your team and your business needs
- You only pay wages at applicable award rates and do not pay annual leave, leave loading, sick leave, workers compensation or payroll tax
- You benefit from industry-standard trade training
- PEER partner with you to ensure you achieve maximum performance.
Who Can Use PEER?
Which Industries Does PEER Specialise In?
How Long Is An Apprenticeship?
Who Delivers The Training?
What Is A Talent Coach?
They visit the apprentices at least every eight weeks, providing a one-stop pastoral care service.
What Is EProfiling?
What Are My Responsibilities
It is important to look at the bigger picture around training our youth and realise that if we train today we all prosper in the future. Patience and care is essential as you impart your knowledge onto them.
As a host employer it is your responsibility to:
- Treat the apprentice as though they are one of your employees, by providing a safe working environment and ensure safe work practices are adhered to in the workplace
- Define the jobs, tasks and roles the apprentice will do, keeping in mind the training needs and supervision required
- Ensure the supervising staff have the right skills to manage the apprentice
- Communicate well and develop a rapport with the apprentice
- Give the apprentice the opportunity to try new things and progress their skills
- Allow time for the apprentice to practice new skills. Expect mistakes. Everyone makes mistakes
- Motivate, watch, coach, praise and ask questions
- Take a personal interest in the apprentice’s development
- Pay invoices promptly
- Communicate with us promptly should any issues arise
- Verify apprentice profiling cards
Can I Choose The Apprentice I Want?
If I Host An Apprentice Through PEER, Do I Still Receive The Government Incentive Payments?
How Does PEER Keep Their Apprentices Safe?
PEER will ensure the Apprentice has completed an ‘off-the-Job’ Workplace Employee Induction Program, and instructed in, and aware of their obligations in regard to Work Health & Safety compliance. The apprentice will be provided with a copy of PEER’s Apprentice Induction Handbook, which outlines their responsibilities and obligations in relation to the Work Health & Safety Act and Regulations (WHS) 2012.
PEER will also provide on going Work Health & Safety (WHS) training to the apprentice.
PEER will supply each apprentice with nominated safety clothing and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). These items are in accordance with the relevant Australian Standards (refer to PEER Clothing Policy). PEER will replenish PPE as required on an ongoing basis.
What If It Doesn't Work Out With My Apprentice?
PEER provides hands-on support, helping to resolve any workplace issues that arise. PEER will work with you in any situation you are unhappy, towards a mutually beneficial resolution for both you and the apprentice.
If mediation does not reach a resolution, PEER will assist in resolving the matter, which may involve moving the apprentice into a more suitable business, at no cost or hassle to you. We then work with you to ensure a replacement apprentice is found.
What Happens To My Apprentice If I Sell My Business?
What If My Business Runs Out Of Work?
If your business requirements change and you find the apprentice is no longer needed, it is essential you communicate this with PEER as soon as possible. PEER requires a minimum of two weeks’ notice as this allows us to prepare ahead in finding an alternative placement for the apprentice.