In 2021-22, South Australia’s construction industry saw an increase in enrolments for the following qualifications:
- Certificate III in Electrotechnology – Electrician – 8%*
- Certificate III in Air-conditioning and Refrigeration – 6%*
As apprentice numbers are increasing, demand for trainers and assessors in the RTO sector has also increased. PEER is working alongside CITB to provide a study and employment pathway for tradespeople interested in transitioning from working ‘on the tools’ to a trainer role at no cost to the tradesperson.
We offer trainers the flexibility of working full-time, part-time or casually, allowing them the option to continue working in their trade or to run their business while working at PEER.
To be a trainer and assessor at PEER, you will need:
- Certificate III or equivalent qualifications in electrical, plumbing, construction, data or mechanical engineering with a current Australian license;
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessing (TAE) or a commitment to obtaining this qualification; and
- On-the-job experience in your chosen trade.
PEER is committed to providing a genuine employment pathway for tradespeople currently working on the tools, and can offer several options during the transition process:
- Employment at PEER as a Subject Matter Expert on either a casual or permanent basis whilst completing the TAE;
- A gradual transition from part-time or casual employment to full-time employment to enable tradespeople to wind up a small business; or
- Remaining employed as a tradesperson and partnering with PEER to gain experience in the classroom to complete the relevant practical components of the qualification. Employment may be offered on completion of the TAE.
Trainers can work in a variety of areas including VET in Schools, Certificate III qualifications and non-accredited courses and upskilling programs.
To find out more about becoming a trainer or to arrange a time to experience the PEER Training Way, please contact Tina Fahy (HR Coordinator) at firstname.lastname@example.org
RTO Code: 45744
*Statistics provided by CITB