Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
PEER takes the health, safety and working environment of its staff, apprentices, host employers and the wider community very seriously.
As you will be aware, the situation regarding the Coronavirus (COVID-19) is changing regularly. PEER is continuing to operate as usual and we are proactively monitoring the situation.
We will communicate any changes to our operational activities as necessary.
Whilst we have increased sanitation activities, here are some ways that individuals can help to reduce the spread of Coronavirus and other illnesses:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water or an alcohol-based hand rub
- Use a bent elbow to cover your mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze. (A tissue can also be used and disposed of immediately and hands washed)
- Avoid touching your eyes or nose and mouth
- Avoid close contact with others who are unwell
- Clean surfaces and work areas regularly with disinfectant
Apprentices, staff and all visitors to PEER are encouraged to use the hand sanitisers available at each entry point to PEER and in each classroom. A sanitation plan is also in place for communal (public) areas with regular cleaning of common areas.
PEER provides each apprentice with their own safety glasses. Apprentices are reminded they are not to share their safety glasses with other apprentices.
We ask that you please inform PEER if you or someone you are in regular contact with has tested positive for COVID -19.
PEER will continue to monitor information and advice provided by the World Health Organisation (WHO) and the Australian Federal and State Governments and provide updates as new information comes to hand.
If you have any queries or need assistance in, don’t hesitate to contact our WHS Advisor on (08) 8348 1200 or email us at email@example.comDOWNLOAD SAFETY BULLETIN