Coronavirus Safety Alert
Over the last week, it has been announced that South Australia has acquired new cases of Covid-19, especially among those under the age of 30. This serves as a reminder that we must not be complacent, and we must all do what we can to stop the spread.
The latest cases have visited common public areas including restaurants, gyms, and shopping centres.
Remain vigilant and remember the following:
- If you have cold/flu like symptoms, including a cough, sore throat, and fever, call your doctor and get yourself tested
- Keep up to date on hot spots by getting your information from government sources, not social media gossip
- If you have been directed to self-isolate by a government agency, you are required to do so or risk receiving a heavy fine or even jail time
- If you are sick, stay home and see your doctor and, again, get tested
- Download and use the CovidSafe app on your phone. This will only help in advising you if you have potentially been exposed to the virus
Also remember to look after yourself and others around you by:
- Washing your hands with warm water and antibacterial soap for at least 20 seconds
- Using hand sanitiser, especially after touching communal surfaces
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow or shoulder or into a tissue
- If you use a tissue, ensure it is thrown away immediately and you have washed and/or sanitised your hands before touching any surfaces
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth
- Keeping a social distance of at least 1.5m from other persons as much as possible
- Avoid shaking hands and hugging other people
- If you are concerned about going into an area where social distancing is not possible, wear a mask or face covering
We all must do our part to stop the spread. If you have any concerns, please contact PEER and speak to our WHS Advisor for more information on (08) 8348-1243.