SO, YOU WANT TO BECOME A PEER APPRENTICE?
BELOW IS OUR FIVE-STEP RECRUITMENT PROCESS TO MAKE SURE YOU ARE READY FOR THE JOB!
SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION
- Provide your personal details,
- Answer our screening questions,
- Upload your resume.
An apprenticeship isn’t a job, it’s a career, so we highly recommend you apply for a speciﬁc trade.
Applicants who meet selection criteria, progress through to suitability assessment.
- A Driver’s Licence and own transport (talk to PEER if you are still on your Ls),
- Completed Year 11 or 12,
- Trade-based work experience,
- Good knowledge of chosen trade.
Suitability Assessments aim to assess your understanding of numeracy and literacy.
Assessments are facilitated at PEER and take approx. 90 mins.
This is a chance for us to ﬁnd out more about you and explore your;
- Pathway to pursue a trade,
- Previous trade-related training (e.g. VET in schools),
- Previous employment history,
- Trade knowledge,
- Trade-based work experience.
To help you prepare, make sure you do some research on your chosen trade and PEER.
ALL new apprentices are required to complete;
- A Contract of Training,
- Employment paperwork, (payroll, superannuation, etc)
- Mentoring, wellbeing and support overview,
- Work Health and Safety overview,
- White Card, Rescue & Resus. and any other training, as required.
- All applicants must meet selection criteria and successfully progress through each stage of the recruitment process.
- All apprenticeship opportunities are subject to industry demand.
- Apprentices are required to repay the cost of their tool kit over a 12-month period.
The Apprenticeship has been awesome. I’m learning from teachers who are Electricians. I’ve also enjoyed getting the different tickets and licenses.