This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) Guidelines.
This unit applies to all workers who may be required to provide CPR, in a range of situations, including community and workplace settings.
- Respond to an emergency situation
- Perform CPR procedures
- Communicate details of the incident
Students are required to have the following:
- Coloured highlighters
- Recognise the requirements for primary survey & CPR
- Carry out CPR in line with ARC guidelines
- Communicating of incident details
On completion of this course an accredited Unit of Competency – HLTAID001 can be issued.