Our FREE Industry Ready Training Program is the perfect pathway into a trade apprenticeship.
In this 8-week program you’ll be expected to complete a 2-week work experience placement, to provide you first-hand insight into your chosen career pathway.
The program will help you gain valuable industry skills and will significantly improve your chances of obtaining an apprenticeship or finding work in the construction, mining, oil & gas and defence industries.
If you’re a school leaver looking to kick start your career, apply now!
Contact PEER on 8348 1200 for more information.
Don’t miss out as programs are commencing soon!
WHY THE INDUSTRY READY TRAINING PROGRAM?
- Pathway into an apprenticeship
- Valuable foundation skills for working in the construction industry
- To be ready from day one of employment
- Complete 2 weeks of work experience
- Taught by our qualified and experienced trainers
- Learn about safety awareness, hand skill development & trade terminology
- Receive a Certificate of Completion when you’re finished to boost your resume
- HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- UETTDRRF06B Perform rescue from a live LV panel
- CPCCWHS1001 – Prepare to work safely in the construction industry
Frequently Asked Questions
If you fit the below criteria you can apply:
- Physically fit and able to carry out manual handling activities and have the ability to work at heights and in minimal spaces
- Capable of using hand and power tools
- Be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Hold a current drivers licence and have your own reliable transport to travel to work experience locations
- Willingness to obtain a DHS Working with children check
- Ideally, have completed Year 11 or 12 with good numeracy and literacy skills
Our pre apprenticeship programs are completely free!
PEER will provide you safety clothing and equipment to wear to trade school and work experience.
These programs will be available at our Albert Park Campus. Speak to our team to find out where the next program will be running.
Our programs run for 8 weeks fulltime (Monday to Friday, 8:00am – 4:00pm) with a 2-week work experience placement.
At this stage we do not offer part-time pre-apprenticeship programs.
You can apply for an apprenticeship or traineeship across a wide variety of trades.
PEER offers the following apprenticeships:
- Plumbing Apprenticeship (CPC32413 Certificate III in Plumbing)
- Electrical Apprenticeship (UEE30811 Certificate III in Electrotechnology – Electrician)
- Data & Communications Apprenticeship (UEE30411 Certificate III in Data and Voice Communications )
- Refrigeration & Air Conditioning Apprenticeship (UEE32211 Certificate III in Air-Conditioning and Refrigeration)
No, you can choose to apply for an apprenticeship at another organisation.
No, there is no guarantee of employment however participants who successfully complete will be well placed to apply for apprenticeships with PEER or other organisations.
It allowed me to test the waters beforehand as you get exposure to the core theoretical subjects as well as real life experience in the industry through the work experience component. By the time I had completed the program, I was hooked and knew it was the right move for me.