Get a head start on your career with PEER
Our FREE five-week program creates a great pathway into employment.
In this 5-week program you’ll be expected to complete a 2-week work experience placement, to provide you first-hand insight into a potential career pathway.
The program will help you gain valuable skills and will significantly improve your chances of obtaining a Traineeship or finding work in a variety of industries.
If you’re a school leaver looking to kick start your career, apply now!
Contact PEER on 8348 1200 for more information.
WHY THE OFFICE READY TRAINING PROGRAM?
- Pathway into a Traineeship
- Valuable foundation skills for entering the workforce
- Be ready from day one of employment
- Complete 2 weeks of work experience
- Taught by qualified and experienced trainers
- Learn about safety terminology
- Receive a Certificate of Completion when you’re finished to boost your resume
The training covers a range of topics including:
- Personal presentation standards
- Improve your body language
- Confident body language, 20 ways to build your confidence
- Communication in the work environment
- Customer services skills
- Business etiquette
- Social media etiquette
- Confident interviewing
- Strategic job searching
- Work health and safety
Upon successful completion participants will receive a Statement of Attainment for the following units:
- BSBFLM303 Contribute to effective workplace relationships
- BSBWOR301 Organise personal work priorities and development
- BSBWRT301 Write simple documents
** Units create a pathway to achieving Certificate III in Business.
While there are no guarantees of employment the desired outcome is that participants will be ready to enter a Business Traineeship and achieve a Certificate III in Business.
Training & Assessment delivered by Auctus Business Training and Consulting, RTO 40879.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you fit the below criteria you can apply:
- Reside or work in South Australia
- Be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Aged 16 years or over, and not enrolled in school
- Willingness to obtain a Department of Human Services Working with children check
Ideally, you will be an excellent communicator and have completed Year 11 or 12 with good numeracy and literacy skills.
Our Office Ready Training Program pre traineeship program is completely free!
You will be expected to wear appropriate office clothing every day and PEER will arrange your training and work experience.
These programs will be available at our Albert Park Campus. Speak to our team to find out where the next program will be running.
Our programs run for 5 weeks fulltime (Monday to Friday, 8:00am – 4:00pm) including a 2-week work experience placement.
At this stage we do not offer part-time pre-traineeship programs.
You can apply for a traineeship or job across a wide variety of business focused roles. You can apply with any organisation.
No, there is no guarantee of employment however participants who successfully complete will be well placed to apply for Traineeships with PEER or any other organisations.