Certificate IV in Electrical Instrumentation
- To enhance students’ PLC and electrical instrumentation skills
- To provide students’ exposure to process instrumentation and control used in the industry
- To give an edge to enter into the oil and gas or mineral processing industry which uses PLC interfaces with HART compliant field instrumentation.
FULL QUALIFICATION – UEE40411 CERTIFICATE IV IN ELECTRICAL – INSTRUMENTATION
Students will be entitled to a full qualification provided they have:
- An unrestricted electrical license issued by a state or Territory and
- Successfully prove competence in both theoretical and practical training, and
- Complete all units of competency in the training package (refer http://training.gov.au/Training/Details/UEE40411).
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
A current electrical license (any Australian state or territory) is required as this course is post-trade training.
Electrical engineers who meet the pre-requisites for PLC and Instrumentation units will be issued Statement of Attainment for the units they have successfully completed.
Please download the Course Outline and Information
You will undergo one-on-one practical training with industry experienced, qualified Instrument and Electrical Professional Trainers in the following areas on the purpose-built hazardous areas and instrumentation skids/ facilities with HART compliant field instruments and Siemens and Allen Bradley PLC Control System:
- Pressure (suppression/elevation of transmitter)
- Level Radar / Ultrasonic configuration
- Conductivity level configuration
- Flow – configuration and control including Magnetic flow meter operation
- Calibration of Temperature Transmitter with RTD and Thermocouple
- Program digital and analog PLC. Download, test and fault find PLC program on PLC hardware
- Configuration of smart devices via HART Modem and Hand-Held Configurator
- Reading P&ID and 2 and 4 Wire loop drawings. Verify the drawings against as installed equipment
PROJECT MANAGEMENT VISION
Training & Assessment delivered by Project Management Vision (PMV), RTO 51178.
*Enrolment through PMV only. PEER accept no responsibility for content, delivery or assessment of this course.