Certificate III in Instrumentation And Control
- To enhance the participants PLC, HMI and Process Instrumentation skills
- To log and sign off participant’s work experience in the instrumentation installation, calibration, testing, PLC programing and fault finding
- To give participant’s an edge to enter into the oil and gas or mineral processing industry which uses PLC interfaces with HART compliant field instrumentation.
A) FULL QUALIFICATION – UEE31220 CERTIFICATE III IN INSTRUMENTATION AND CONTROL
The full qualification will be issued to the students who:
- Successfully prove competence in both theoretical and practical training,
- Complete all units of competency in the training package (refer http://training.gov.au/Training/Details/UEE31220) and
- Have their requisite experience sign off.
B) STATEMENT OF ATTAINMENT (SOA) – UEE31220 CERTIFICATE III IN INSTRUMENTATION AND CONTROL
This Statement is issued to students who successfully complete one or more units of competency in the training package but do not meet the requirements for a full qualification. It is also issued to Electrical Engineers.
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
This post-trade professional development gap training is aimed at and encourages candidates who would like to gain exposure in or enhance their PLC and Process Instrumentation skills. If you are looking for a career growth, doing this course gives you the edge to enter into oil and gas industry or mineral processing industry which uses PLC interfaces with HART field instrumentation.
A current electrical license (any Australian state or territory) is required as this is a post-trade training course.
Electrical workers and overseas instrumentation technicians and engineers who have extended hands-on experience in electrical, instrumentation and control field installations would:
- Need to get their requisite experience signed off from the site supervisor(s),
- And may be eligible to receive full qualification on completion of the all units of competency specified in the training package http://training.gov.au/Training/Details/UEE31220.
Please download the Course Outline and Information
You will undergo one on one practical training with industry experienced, qualified Instrument and Electrical Professional Trainers in the following areas on the purpose-built hazardous areas and instrumentation skids/ facilities with HART compliant field instruments and Siemens and Allen Bradley PLC Control System:
- Pressure (suppression/elevation of transmitter)
- Level Radar / Ultrasonic configuration
- Conductivity level configuration
- Flow – configuration and control including Magnetic flow meter operation
- Calibration of Temperature loops with RTD and Thermocouples
- Calibration of Control valves and operation and working with Variable Speed Drive (VSD)
- Program digital and analog Siemens and Allen Bradley PLC and HMI. Download, test and fault find PLC program on PLC hardware and HMI
- Configuration of smart devices via HART Modem and Hand-Held Configurator,
- Reading P&ID and 2 and 4 Wire loop drawings. Verify the drawings against as installed equipment
- Calibration of the field instruments; installing instruments; fault finding;
- Tuning of Proportional (P), Integral(I) and Derivative (D) loops
- Understanding and conducting Critical Function Testing (CFT)
- Understanding RLC circuits, calculating power factors and fault currents
PROJECT MANAGEMENT VISION
Training & Assessment delivered by Project Management Vision (PMV), RTO 51178.
*Enrolment through PMV only. PEER accept no responsibility for content, delivery or assessment of this course.