At PEER safety of our Apprentices and Trainees comes first, we want to make sure you all go home safe everyday. As a result we do the following:
- Dedicated WHS Advisor and Talent Coach who are focused on your safety
- Safety specialists working closely with and supporting Host Employers in order to achieve a higher level of safety within the industry
- Consultation and communications with all parties to create a safer work environment for everyone
- Industry leading safety and induction training starting from day 1 and throughout each of our apprentice’s / trainee’s career
- Supervised, on-the-job training in safe work practices with industry respected Host Employers
What we ask of you
PEER ask you all to actively participate in all aspects of Work Health & Safety. We ask you to take a proactive view because at the end of the day, it’s about looking after yourself and those around you.
There are a number of key issues when working on-site here are some tips to help you stay safe:
- Wear all appropriate PPE gear for each task: eye protection, foot protection, hand protection
- Ensure you’re lifting, pushing and pulling correctly
- Use the correct tools and equipment for the appropriate task
- Stay hydrated. Drink plenty of water!
- Eye injuries
- Sprains and strains
- Heat and cold related injuries i.e. dehydration, freezer burns