This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to recognise and respond to life-threatening emergencies in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) Guidelines.
This unit applies to all workers who may be required to provide an emergency response in a range of situations, including community and workplace settings.
- Respond to an emergency situation
- Apply appropriate first aid procedures
- Communicate details of the incident
Students are required to have the following:
- Coloured highlighters
The objectives and outcomes of this unit are:
- Assessment of situation and casualty
- Application of First Aid procedures
- Communicating of incident details
On completion of this course an accredited Unit of Competency – HLTAID002 & HLTAID001 can be issued.