At PEER safety of our Apprentices and Trainees comes first, we want to make sure you all go home safe everyday. As a result we do the following:
- Dedicated Talent Coaches who are focused on your safety
- WHS Safety Coach actively supporting and assisting Host Employers to be compliant with the Work Health and Safety Act & Regulation (2012).
- We send regular safety messages to all Host Employers and Apprentices/Trainees
- Regular Toolbox meetings
- Safety induction
- Ensure Apprentices/Trainees and Host Employers are trained and have safety knowledge, skills and attitudes
- Apprentices/Trainees receive training in WHS and Hazard Management as well as on the job training and supervision from their Host Employer
What we ask of you:
PEER ask you all to actively commit to and cooperate with safety regulations to ensure we all establish and maintain the highest possible health and safety standards for all workers.
Take care of your own safety and that of your colleagues, you should feel part of a team and you should look after your team-mates!
There are a number of key issues when working on site here are some tips to help you stay safe:
- Wear all appropriate PPE gear for each task (WHS-012): eye protection, foot protection, hand protection
- Ensure you’re lifting, pushing, pulling correctly
- Use the correct tools and equipment for the appropriate task
- Stay hydrated. Drink plenty of water
- Eye injuries
- Sprains and strains
- Heat and cold related injuries i.e. dehydration, freezer burns